Sourcing, testing and pampering with products from our gift boxes is one of the most fabulous part of owning a gift box company. Yes, I personally try each and every product to make sure it’s of high-end quality.
It really wasn’t a hard choice with The Aromatherapy Co.’s products, they have a great range and have proof in the history of their brand. Since 1990’s this New Zealand based company has been producing organic and natural skin care products. Founded by Sarah Townsend, Sarah tells Spoilt:
In the late 1980’s I studied in England and was fortunate enough to meet and be trained with the founder of Meadow Herbs, a traditional French essential oil distiller. This inspiring experience and my love for herbal therapies is what lead me to begin work on my own brand. When I moved back to New Zealand I noticed a gap in the market for 100% pure essential oil based products, which are artificial fragrance and chemical free, that could be used in everyday life and so The Aromatherapy Co. was born.
Sarah is a mother of two, hard working and committed to seeing through her company values as the business continues to grow – I just love that.
For those of us who don’t know much about Aromatherapy (I just like the smell), it’s a practice of using essential oils to heal. In history the Ancient Egyptians used Aromatherapy for many purposes, often for preventative measures against disease. It’s known that Aromatherapy is used for pain and anxiety reduction, enhancement of energy and short-term memory, relaxation, hair loss prevention, and reduction of eczema-induced itching.
For example, tea tree and lavender oils are used to encourage dry and damaged skin to heal. The Aromatherapy Co.’s Botty Balm (found in our Baby Bundle Gift Box) contains lavender extracts which helps to naturally moisturise a baby’s delicate skin.
The benefits of essential oils
- Inspire a positive emotional state, help rediscover peace, balance and joy. Soothing baths, inhalation through candles and skin care.
- Enhance your physical wellness. Essential oil-infused supplements can provide specific solutions to restore natural balance in the body and cleanse to remove nasty toxins.
- Purify your home, essential oil’s have cleaning properties that are gentle on your hands and can often replace any harsh cleaning products.
- Improve your skin’s appearance and find your natural glow. Essential oils can provide a clearer looking complexion and nurture hair, because their natural ingredients you can use in your everyday routine.
- Deep spiritual awareness, essential oils from plants used in incense and candles enhance spiritual practice and connect with something larger than yourself.
- Essential oils have a powerful effect on the body and mind, through the sense of smell it takes approximately four seconds to reach the brain and absorbed into the blood stream through the skin in about four minutes. I have a slight obsession with clean hands and constantly using The Aromatherapy Co.’s Wild Rose & Vetiver Hand Wash, I love the smell of it on my hands (found in our Coming Home Gift Box).
What essential oils are good for what?
Peppermint – Digestive Disorders
Sweet Orange – Depression and Anxiety
Rosemary – Muscular Pains
Sandalwood – Depression, Anxiety and Nervous Tension
Tea Tree – Antibacterial
Lavender – Headaches, Insomnia, Aches and Pains
Apart from their fabulous products and use of essential oils The Aromatherapy Co. their ethical values is a big part of who they are. It’s nice to know that even as a company grows they can continue to speak loudly about the things that mean something to them. I’ve listed a few very important points below that speak to me, and speaks to our customers.
- NO testing on animals, period.
- 100% committed to manufacturing in New Zealand, that way they know everything that goes into their products therefore into your skin. And manufactured to the highest regulated standards.
- Donate 1% of their profits to local charities in New Zealand and also a member of 1% for the Planet which exists to build and support an alliance of businesses financially committed to creating a healthy planet.
- All packaging is 85% recyclable, all our plastic bottles and lids are made from 100% recyclable PET, they use no bleached stock in their Therapy Range and all other outer packaging is recyclable.
Overall I think you can tell we’re proud to be a stockist of such a beautiful brand. With more products from The Aromatherapy Co. hitting our gift boxes shortly – it feels as good to give as it does to get.